Monday, February 27, 2012

Tasting - Protocolo Blanc



Name: Protocolo Blanc
Variety: Airen and Macabeo
Region: 
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95


Shop review: Greenish gold. Subtle aromas of mint, lemon, and orange with a hint of honeysuckle. Dry, understated and focused, offering clean citrus and melon flavors and slow-building sweetness. Finishes dry and brisk, with an echo of lemon. As usual, this is an outstanding value. Stephan Tanzer – 87 points


My review: I definitely noticed the greenish gold color right after it was poured.  The mint and citrus combination was surprisingly delicious.  I really enjoyed this wine.  Clean - easy to drink followed by a strong finish.  I would enjoy drinking this with a light salad and fish.


I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment